Station #6 was built in 1953 at 1735 West Pleasant St. It replaced Hose Co. #6 at 14th St. and Marquette Street. Station #6 is a 1 story building with a hose tower and 2 separate bays. There are 24 personnel assigned to this building. The station was added on to in 1980 to make Station #6 a multi-company station.
Fire Station 6
Service Area The E6 service area covers roughly from 12th Street to Kimberly Road, from Gaines Street to the West City Limits. The T3 service area covers roughly from Gaines Street to the West City Limits to everything North of 12th Street.
In 2005, Engine 6 responded to 2,163 calls and Truck Co. #3 responded to 915 calls.
There are 24 personnel assigned to Station #6. This includes: 2 Captains, 4 Lieutenants, 6 Engineers, and 12 Fire Fighters.
Truck 3 & Engine 6
Engine Company #6, mascot "Bulldog", was put in service on September 5, 2006. It is one of six fire engines purchased in 2006. It was manufactured by Custom Fire Apparatus of Osceola, Wisconsin. It is a 2006 Custom Fire Apparatus side-mounted pumper on a Spartan Metro Star Chassis with a 184 inch wheel base. It has a gross vehicle weight of 42,000 lbs. with 18,000 lbs. on the front axle and 24,000 lbs. on the rear axle.This vehicle is powered by a Cummins ISL, 6 cylinder, 540 cubic inch, 400 horsepower diesel engine.The transmission is an Allison model 3000 EVS, five speed transmission. The midship fire pump is a Waterous model CSUC10C, 1500 gpm centrifugal single stage, supplied by a 500 gallon fiberglass tank.The hose bed contains 850 feet of 5" supply hose, 600 feet of 2-1/2" supply hose, and 200 feet of 2-1/2" pre-connected Blitz line.
Truck Company #3 was put in service on September 1, 2002. Truck Company #2 and Truck Company #3 were both purchased at the same time from Sutphen Corporation out of Columbus, Ohio. Truck Co. #3 is a 75' aerial platform powered by a Detroit Series 60, 430 hp, and 12.7 HR engine with a 5 speed Allison transmission. Gross Vehicle Weight is 48,500. Truck Co. #3 has two 750 gpm nozzles in the bucket supplied by a Hale single stage centrifugal pump rated at 1,500 gpm. It has a booster tank of 300 gallon capacity. The hose bed has 850' of 5" supply hose and 200' of 2-1/2" hose.